7 Quick Takes... Saturday?! Feb. 5, 2011
Thanks to Jen for hosting.
1. Yeah, I'm a day late with the quick takes. I have yet another bad cold and spent most of yesterday sleeping. It worked; I feel much better now.
2. We gave a presentation on "Intimacy and Sexuality" for our parish's marriage prep couples last night. I think it went pretty well despite the fact that I was recovering from a cold and Collin was coming down with one. I hope we planted some seeds, anyhow. It's always hard to tell if our story made any impact, and if couples really understand the teachings of the Church in this regard.
3. Our microwave imploded yesterday. My grandma was cooking an egg roll, and the next things he knew there were flames. Yes, flames. The darn thing is just over a year old (and thus out of warranty). Luckily, my FIL paid for it using his credit card, and his credit card has some kind of extended warranty protection, so we may get a new one free of charge. It might take a while, though, and in the meantime we have no microwave. Boo. :(
4. We've also been TV-less for a week, which is a saga all its own. Collin bought a flat-screen TV, set it up, decided he didn't like it, took it back, ordered another one, decided he didn't want that one after all, thought about getting a different one at Target, but then decided the other one would work. Are you confused yet? So am I. He's at Best Buy right now, getting the TV that we will hopefully keep. I just want him to pick one and stick with it.
5. In the continuing saga of "when it rains, it pours," Collin brought our new car in last week to get some sort of coating on it that protects the finish from the sun (it's covered under our warranty). The Nissan people noticed there was a panel in the back that kept popping out and had him bring the car back yesterday so they could fix it (still covered under warranty). After several hours they told him that there was something wrong with the frame of the car and it was going to take a week to fix, so I have to bring it in on Tuesday and get a rental car to use until they're done. Argh. Nice that we don't have to pay for any of this, but a hassle nonetheless.
6. Violet is 11 months old today! I should probably start planning her 1st birthday party. Can't believe how big she's getting.
7. So much to do, so little time. *sigh* Guess I should get off the computer and start doing it.
Have a good weekend!
Welcome to the blog formerly known as A Star of Hope (no worries, all of my old posts from A Star of Hope are still available)! This d...
Forgive me, this is going to be a long one. Yet again, Pope Francis is being attacked for reiterating the teaching of the Catholic Church...
Laura Rose Wahlund 1/21/2017, 12:28pm 7lb 13oz, 20.75 in long My entire pregnancy with Laura was fraught with anxiety due to our t...
A commenter named "crowepps" left a comment on my Open Letter to Congresswoman Speier , and as both her comment and my response a...